Alleviate Your Tooth Pain with a Root Canal
For many patients, the term “root canal” is not attached to pleasant feelings. However, root canals are often an effective way to alleviate pain, not cause it. Most patients report that during their root canal procedure, they experience the same amount of pain as they do during a routine cavity filling. Our in-house endodontist specializes in using procedures involving the nerve and root of teeth, such as root canals.
When is a Root Canal Recommended?
The only way to know for sure if you need a root canal is to consult your dentist. However, there are a few common factors that may indicate that a root canal is necessary for you. You may need a root canal if:
- The area near the bothersome tooth is tender or swollen.
- You feel intense, nagging pain around your teeth, particularly when you exert pressure on the troubled area.
- You are noticing a darkening of a tooth.
- You are experiencing sensitivity to cold and hot foods and drinks.
The Root Canal Procedure
Root canals are routine procedures that your regular dentist can likely perform. More serious cases are referred to endodontists, dentists who specialize in teeth nerves and roots.
The timeline of a Falcon root canal procedure typically looks like this:
- The dentist will take X-rays to get a good look at the troublesome area.
- Your mouth will be numbed using a local anesthetic to ensure a painless procedure.
- Your tooth or crown is opened so the dentist can clear out decayed matter.
- The dentist will fill the hole, or they may leave it open so the tooth can drain, depending on your case.
Schedule a Woodmen Dental Group Root Canal
Our unique office makes things easy for our patients. Here at Woodmen Dental Group, we house a full team of dental professionals. In addition to regular dentists and endodontists, you have found your one-stop shop for seeking services from oral surgeons, orthodontists, periodontists, and cosmetic dentists. If you are ready to make an appointment, call us at 719-694-1929 or fill out an appointment request form!