Don’t Settle for an Incomplete Smile!
Are you embarrassed about missing or damaged teeth? You are not alone. Over 100 million adults are missing teeth.
For those adults who are missing teeth, or have undergone a tooth extraction, dental implants can make a huge difference. To form the base of your implant, a dentist will insert a small, sturdy titanium post into your upper or lower jaw bone. Over time, your bone will grow in around the post, creating a solid structure that stands in for your natural tooth roots, holding a crown, bridge, or over denture in place.
As with natural teeth, implants require maintenance. You will need to brush, floss, and get check-ups every six months. With proper care, your implants can be a lifelong solution.
Benefits of Implants
If you are missing teeth or looking for an alternative to dentures, you should consider implants. They are a great solution because they:
- Replace missing teeth by attaching to your living bone, resulting in a natural look and feel.
- Are a permanent alternative to dentures that eliminate the need for messy denture glues and pastes.
- Reduce wrinkles on your face, giving you a younger appearance.
- Form a base to support a single or full bridge.
- Help prevent bone loss and gum recession.
- Create a foundation for dentures that results in a secure fit.
- Make chewing, smiling, and talking easier.
- Provide a reliable, long-term dental solution that can last a lifetime!
Types of Implants
When getting dental implants, you have some options available. Click below to learn more about each:
One of the main causes of missing teeth is periodontal disease, or gum disease. Learn more about gum disease.
Consult With a Periodontist
To find out more about getting implants from Woodmen Dental Group or to schedule a consultation, fill out a form online or call our office directly at 719-694-1929. Our on-staff periodontist specializes in treating gum disease. Our staff also houses an endodontist and cosmetic dentist.